SIPR 2022


Someone said adventure? This one came unexpected!
I was recovering from last weekends race in the Lake District, The LAP race around Lake Windermere. A 74km race with 2600m of elevation on mixed terrain with some stunning views. On Tuesday evening out of the blue I got a message from Manny Gorman from Highland Hill Runners.

Hi Pav, it’s a long shot but, would you like a place in the SIPR this weekend? Cracking boat, Bequia, and Stuart Malcolm of HHR is the runner (his partner bailed on him today!) Stu has done it 10 times and knows the drill well, but you’ll defo be fitter and faster than him. Cheers, Manny

I was just falling asleep, still feeling the sore legs from the LAP race. I woke up on Wednesday and showed the message to Ashley expecting to hear a ‘no’, because we just been away to the Lakes with the whole family, I need to properly recover and it is another 3-4 days for me being away. What I got back was unexpected. I got the green light to go for it! It’s a chance of a life time and it might not happen again.

Well I was shocked. One part of me was super excited other one was saying holy crap will I manage, I need to pack I have 2 days to prepare!

I got in touch with Stu and got all the necessary information and maps through the email. I got briefly introduced to our skipper Colin Craig via e-mail and got a check list from Manny with essentials to have.

There was a kit list on the SIPR website to prepare for the race as well.

Mannys ”Top tips”

Mannys ”Top tips” went like this:

  • Make sure you have 100% all the mandatory kit you need before you land on each island or the marshals send you back to your boat to get it!
  • Have spares of everything onboard.
  • Pay attention to the headtorch/batteries requirements
  • Have superwarm and heavy waterproof gear just for the sailing sections, and sunglasses & cream!
  • A good sleeping bag is essential.
  • Take travel pills if you get motion sickness.
  • Good robust, grippy trails shoes will do all three islands, but have spares.
  • Take phone charger and cable and powerpack.
  • Very important. When you finish each island do not be tempted to chill out. Immediately get changed and ready for the next island, completely ready! Then eat & drink, then chill out or hit your bed!! You don’t want to have to do it when you wake up stiff as a board and in bouncing seas, possibly in the dead of night!!
  • Have a beer or two, it’s supposed to be fun!!!
  • Have a great time

PS. ALWAYS go for a shit before you get off the boat!

I took it to heart and prepared my gear as good as I can and all the running mandatory kit required for each island. I prepared 3 kits for 3 islands. Just in case.

In the mean time I received an email from Colin Craig asking about my details and running experience. Everything was sent and I was officialy registered as part of the team. My dad Allan phoned me to give me all the necessary tips and tricks of how to survive on a bouncy boat. I took it all in, I learned later on that it won’t be that easy as I hoped it will be. Next step was a trip to the chemist and getting some motion sickness tablets, just in case!

My gear was packed and I had everything I need! If I have a chance to stay dry and warm I will take it! I wasn’t expecting a nice warm heater next to my bed so making sure I have spare dry shoes and socks will absolutely make the difference.

Thursday came. With such a short notice I didn’t have much time to even get stressed by this! I was really excited but there was that little unsureness of what to expect and how I am going to feel on a yacht. Will I manage to eat and sleep?

I took the 4pm train from Mallaig to Fort William arriving in Fort William at 5:30pm. Stuart picked me up from the train station and off we went to our next stop which was Ben’s house ( Ben was one of the sailors on our boat). We chatted away and got to know each other a little bit more. We are going to run together after all so it is important to know as much as possible about each other. At Ben’s house we changed our means of transport and jumped into a bigger van. Next stop was Oban Yacht Club to register and mandatory kit check.

I don’t know why but I got stressed before the kit check, panicking that I forgot something. If it comes to the worst I still have the Friday morning to get myself sorted.

Now, wait a minute. Everyone have their running packs ready to go with all the kit while mine is all over my big rucksack in multiple locations and multiple bags. This got even more stressfull now. I politely made my way to the corner of the yacht club and started ‘making’ my runners bag.


I needed to have: warm head covering (warm, thick buff), warm neck covering (MOWI buff), warm gloves or mitts (I had both), 3 tops (technical, breathable and 1 long sleeve x3 – for each island – only me I guess), long leggings to cover the whole legs, adequate footwear (fell shoes), waterproof jacket and trousers with taped seems, head torch with spare batteries (2 head torches for me as I lost my spare batteries…), Blizzard survival bag (supplied by Stuart, pretty massive survival bag that took most of the space in my pack), compass & whistle, route maps (1 for each island), emergency rations (minimum 1000cal), means of carrying water (500ml minimum), pencil & paper, 1st aid kit in date (1 per team), race number, yellowbrick tracker and a mask plus a mobile phone for safety. I had an extra GoPro in my pocket.

I can say with pure happiness that I managed to pack everything in my running pack except the first aid kit which was in Stuarts bag. I still had space for more!

There was lots of people around and we met with Colin who was super excited to see us! We drove back to the marina and transported all our gear and food to our new home for few days. The beautiful Bequia. She is a beautiful boat! After we dropped our stuff we went out for a catch up to Weatherspoons, some food and a beer or two! Why not!

I was super excited for my first night on a yacht. I settled in nicely after we got back and prepared for tomorrow.

Friday Morning

Race number on, running gear on. Time to head out for a run around Oban to spread the runners a little bit so we don’t ram into each other trying to get out of the harbour. But there was a catch. I forgot we need to paddle to the boat! Last minute we decided we are going to use a sea, two seater, inflatable kayak. Oh man, no stress, it will be a quick lesson! We kayaked from the pontoons to the yacht club straight through the middle of a busy Oban ferry port. No problem! We had to quickly work on synchronising our paddles. It was a 1000m paddle to the yacht club which warmed us up and stretched our upper body.

We arrived with plenty of time so we had to hang around and try not to think to much! The plan was to stay in the mid section and not finish at the back of the field running the first short race. Keep it steady and don’t go too fast! Closer to the start, which was just before 12:00 at noon the grassy field around the yacht club filled with runners, families and their friends to witness the start of the 2022 Scottish Islands Peak Race.

Wait a minute! Who is that? Is that Jasmin Paris and Vaclav? I got really excited thinking I will be racing next to some of the best in the country! 39 boats entered this years race. I was a bit nervous at the part of how we are going to find our yacht amonst all the other yachts? From the level of the water all of them look the same! White! We were told, ”LOOK FOR THE BLACK SAIL”. Oh that is no problem then! Will do!


The countdown begun. We all gathered on the road above the yacht club behind the painted yellow line. The time slowed down and it felt like ages. This is it, the star of the SIPR 2022. I can’t turn around now! Time to start the adventure!

3 2 1 Go! I was speechless or maybe breathless… as the pace was nothing near a moderate effort. We were doing under 4min/km. Well this is interesting… We had to keep our place up front to not get stuck trying to get into our kayak. We took it easy uphill letting all the speedy guys overtake us. It’s not a big deal as this is just a 6.5km race with lots of bumps on the way back and we have 4 sail trips plus 3 big runs to perform ahead of this! No pressure then! We started overtaking a lot of people on the way back on the hilly sections and finished steady on the road and ended up in our kayak possibly around the 7th position. Life vests on and a quick paddle to our yacht! Wait a minute, there is more than 1 black sail.. There was at least 4 yachts with a black sail. We kept paddling out to the middle hoping the guys will spot us, we couldn’t see them anywhere. Suddenly there was someone shouting to our right and we spotted Bequia with the crew waving! Wait a minute! The sail is WHITE/ish/GREY! Maybe few black lines on it, but it’s GREY! Whatever, lets go! We turned and went straight at them. Boat was going fast, I threw the rope, they got us, we passed the paddles and climbed up and under the deck. Tag your it! Bequia is racing now and we can rest. What a madness trying to get out of the Oban harbour while everyone is racing for positions. Yachts were pushing and trying to find the best line to make the most of the wind and get ahead of the rest. We got under the deck, got changed, double checked our bags, got some food down and rest. Next stop Salen and Ben More on Mull.

Salen, Ben More on Mull

I’m not sure how long it took us to this point but there was no wind! We had to use our secret weapon. The Waverley paddle. It was enough to get us ahead and gain some extra minutes before we landed in Salen. We got alarmed 1h before Salen to get ourselves fully ready for the paddle, kit check and run. There won’t be any time here, we have to be quick. No pressure! I have never done this before! I just hope I won’t end up in the sea! All would be fine if it wasn’t for the speed of the yacht while we tried to jump off it on to our kayak. Practice makes perfect! We have only one chance. Kayak in the water, we slid down into it and pushed away as fast as we can and aimed towards the slipway in Salen for the 5min kit check. I’m alive I thought! Still dry!

The 5 minutes is not added to our total time as it is classed as a kit check and it is well timed by the marshalls. We got a ring with 6 tags that had our race number on each of them. We need to make sure we find all the checkpoints, leave a tag and bring 1 tag back to the finish. This is the case for every island we are going to visit.

Ben More

I will keep this section short as running 10km on the road doesn’t belong to the most pleasant things what so ever. Yes, it is a very long way before we even hit the trails! Tarmac changed into a gravel road which was slowly making it’s way up the glen towards Ben More. There was lots of up and downs, many rivers, few gates and cattle grids to cross. We hit our first check point. Tag on, few teams ahead of us. We could see who left their tag on the checkpoint. The gravel track stopped and were in front of a wild river crossing cascading down the mountain to our right. Stuart got worried as we have to cross that river on the way back. The path dissapeared. We were following a very wet boggy trot along the river and following it up the hill. Stuart has been here 13 times before so his experience was a big asset to our navigation. After plowing through a very wet hillside that felt like it will never end we got to a drier slope and started navigating our way up Ben More. Few teams overtook us on the way up but Stuart wasn’t moved by it. We continued climbing up and avoided the rocky parts of the mountain as much as we could. Finally there was no way of avoiding any of it as we were deeply up the mountain, slowly reaching the summit. The visibility wasn’t too bad, we could find our way around, there was no need for a map and a compass as for now. At one point Stuart pointed out a ‘chimney’ we have to climb. He said, we have to go through the ‘chimney’ to get to the summit, it’s the quickest way. I was totally ok with it untill I realised that this ‘chimney’ is a way up not a way down route. One part of me was happy that I could experience this extreme part of the route, other one was thanking for the thick cloud and not being able to see what’s below me. We reached the summit! Tag on the white and red checkpoint and time to descent to checkpoint number 3. We followed the tourist path down the North side of Ben More which was a motorway quality route compared to what we just climbed on the other side. We dropped into the valley east from the ridge looking for a river fork to find our checkpoint. This was a bit of a faff as we were too high and we still had another 100m to go down to be actually at the checkpoint level. We took our maps and compass out and managed to make our way down following one of the rivers. Then we found the 2nd river! But where is the bloody checkpoint! I was on the edge, not literaly.. We have to find this checkpoint.. we can’t continue without reaching it. I really need to keep it together. Stress is only going to make it worse. Team work!

There it was, right under my feet. Definitely this checkpoint was made to confuse people as it was absolutely hidden in a dip, but at the river fork as they described in the route description. I will remember it for next year! We lost some time looking for it but it wasn’t a big deal. We climed up and got to the appropriate height and moved swiftly around without loosing height to the ridge and over the hump. Here was the next checkpoint. No problems of spotting this one on top of a rock! Now time for a very long descent down hill following a river. It was very good for me as I had my fell shoes on. Stuart struggled a bit on the grassy slope in his. Possibly the studs are worn too much. Not a problem, we managed, we got down and joined a deer trot leading us gently down on the other side of the valley we came up few hours earlier. After meandering along the hillside we finally made our way to the wild river we crossed earlier. It was a quick stop to get some water and food. Finally we’ve got back to some signs of cyvilisation reaching a track. It was a very nice feeling joining the track but pretty sore under foot and we were not looking forward to what lies ahead of us. At the Loch was our last checkpoint. All looks good as I had 1 tag left to bring back to the finish!

We were running silent. The mountain drained us, or maybe the absolutely wet conditions under foot. When mud sucks your feet in you need extra energy to pull them out.

Now the real run is about to happen. The painful 10km on the tar. We didn’t talk much all the way back, I think we started talking again 3km before the finish. That is where we perked up again. We could feel the finish line ahead of us.

Mull, was brutal and totally drained the energy out of us! We arrived at the finish and delivered the last tag to the marshals. Got our life vests on and paddled back to Bequia. We got picked up very fast, we jumped down under the deck exhausted. Tag your it! There was a nice surprise waiting for us! Colins mum prepared food and it was in the oven ready to be consumed! John, another crew member got it sorted for us! I couldn’t wait! I was starving! First things first. I took all of my wet gear off, hanged it where I could in my cabin. Quickly restocked my bag with new map, replaced the food I consumed on Mull, changed into some warm, dry clothes. I was ready to eat! After food we did some social media stuff and I looked through my photos. It was time to get some sleep. I was exhausted! The sea was very kind to us and I was feeling absolutely perfect! This is a walk in the park!

Next stop Jura and the mighty Paps of Jura!

Jura, 3 Paps of Jura

Just before 5am John opened our cabins and shouted that we are 1h away from Jura. I am not sure how long I have slept but it felt like not enough. The wind was blowing from the south west and we were going exactly that direction. There was a lot of tacking involved to get us to Jura. Yacht was going in a Zig Zag pattern. It all sounds good. But it is imposible to sleep in your bed when the boat is rocking right, left, up and down. First time in my life i felt sea sick. Oh man that was horrendous. I wasn’t sick but being on the edge for several hours was absolutely draining. Quickly I realised that the only way to fight this feeling is laying flat on my back with my legs up. Actually it is a good position as it speeds up leg recovery by flushing the blood out of the legs and pumping fresh super oxygenated blood back in to them to speed up recovery by fixing all the micro damage done during the run. My legs were benefiting from this situation.

Anyway I had to quickly learn how to get dressed laying on my back, prep my bag laying flat and eat as well! Luckily I managed and it wasn’t a big deal! Before I sat up I made a plan where everything is in my cabin so I did not waste time sitting or standing up trying to find my gear feeling sick! My stomach was in bits and as soon as I stood up I was feeling pretty awfull! Anyway… life vest on! Time to board the kayak and a fast paddle to the shore!

We got greeted by the marshalls at the kit check station. We had our new Jura maps in our bags ready to go. Kit check was getting less stressful as we are doing it every time before a run now. 5 min went really fast and we started heading North on the road! 3km in we passed a graveyard and we started slowly climbing the hill leading us to the Paps of Jura.

We followed some deer trots but they dissapeared multiple times. Visibility was very good so we knew where we are going. The ground was very hard to run on. Not too boggy but very tussocky… The whole area was covered in tussocks! Tussocks are small lumps of grass groving higher than their surrunding. They can be very wobbly and twisting an ankle is a very likely situation. We have to be careful!

This ground was spreading allthe way to the top of the first hill. Absolute nightmare to move! Ankles will feel it at the end of this day for sure. We started moving east below some wet rock slabs without loosing too much elevation and cruising around them. Finally we got under the feet of our first Pap, Beinn a’ Chaolais. The climb was steep but enjoyable in a way. I totally loved the climb. It felt so good going up so steep and high again! The checkpoint was at the summit and then we had to run few hundred meters down to start our descent on the steep scree hillside. We did a small nav mistake and ended up too quick on the scree which resulted in traversing over some massive rocks. Everything was moving but we just had to keep pushing and literally be faster than the rolling rocks.

The next checkpoint was at the little lochan next to the path going up Beinn an Oir. Here we had another good climb with few life stories to ease off the slow ascent of the mountain! Surprisingly the time went pretty fast and we were at the summit reaching our next checkpoint. Crazy how time flies when you’re having fun eh? The visibility was maybe 20m and the wind was starting to pick up a little, but we are still dry which was the main thing and I was really happy about it!

Here we are, ready to start our traverse over to our last peak on the island. It felt really good! We followed the path, but the path was going South, not East where our next peak was! I was a bit puzzled, but I followed Stuart. I started to wonder that it would be much faster going down in a straight line. When we got under the feet of Beinn Shiantaidh I looked back and noticed the steep rocky, scree like hillside of Beinn an Oir East slope. So that’s why we didn’t choose to go there! Next time I might be tempted to give it a try!

Climbing our last Pap, Beinn Shiantaidh we started to feel the wind. It was picking up significantly, but it was still dry! Through a narrow chimney to the top, over a short ridge we reached the summit. Checkpoint! Check! Quick bite to eat and down! We followed our steps back down around 250m vertical and then dropped south, south-east. We passed a team of 3 young lads that were just climbing up, and another team was in sight just starting their last climb on this island. Finally the rain came! Came down pretty heavy but went away as quick as it came.

We reached the path along the Loch an t-Siob and followed it to the main road. It sounds easy, but again.. it wasn’t. It was the wettest, boggiest path I have ever been on, and it continued untill we reached the tarmac road. There was 2-4 paths going next to each other one higher or lower than the other, picking the least wet one was a gamble. We ended up slipping, sliding, wet, sucked in by mud and covered by it. Ah well at least it’s downhill so it doesn’t take that much energy out of us!

Here we go! On the road, solid ground under my feet now! With around 8km to run back now! We kept a very nice and steady pace! I felt really good, my legs were feeling fresher as I got closer to the finish. Stuart was starting to feel the pain in his feet. But we stayed together and finished together! We are a team after all! I kept using the small islands to the east as land marks to keep my head busy. The best 2 landmarks we had on the way back were a big fat seal sitting on a pointy rock sticking out of the water. It made us laugh… It looked like it shouldn’t be there, how on earth did that seal get there in the first place?! The rock was smaller than the actuall seal! The next landmark was the super yacht anchored near our yacht. We kept joking that we will just pop in for a we dip in the pool ar use the jacuzzi. I bet they had it all on board with an extra bottle of fizz to numb the pain!

When we arrived at the last checkpoint at the marina the marshalls didn’t notice us coming in! I ran into the building and shouted that TEAM 2 is finished and we are going away! They were spotting yachts out of the window. Thank you so much! JURA IS A BEAUTIFUL ISLAND, THANK YOU FOR HAVING US! And off we went to our kayak. Stuart shouted a little boy that was helping the runners by pushing their kayaks or dinghies into the sea. His name was Josef and he was super happy to help us get off the island! We managed not a bad time on Jura, not the fastest but it was really good and kept us in a good place.

Next stop is Arran! The worst was still to come! Did I mention Mull of Kintyre?

Mull of Kintyre

All went to a good start! Untill we left the Jura moorings. The wind was blowing the same direction, basically the wrong direction. Not much change, we had to do zig zags all the way down to the nose of Mull of Kintyre. I was definitely going straight to my bed, after changing into warm clothes and sorting myself for next island!

The boat was rocking in every direction and it was impossible to eat sitting up. I managed to eat a pie, banana and some oranges lying on my back. That was fun… Well that will have to do! I fell asleep imediately. But not for long. The sea was pretty rough and we’ve been tossed right and left. I thought we are making good progress but the reality was different. We went out too far south-west and we got stuck in the massive tides going against us! The tide was so strong that even the wind wasn’t being able to push us through. We did 3 or 4 circles untill we managed to get out! That was a horrible 3 hours. Yes. We lost 3 hours trying to get through there! This area is known for this!

Finally when we managed to get out the sailing crew was so exhausted and frustrated they didn’t say much. They got us safely to Lamlash, our 2nd last stop – Island of Arran! Once we got around Mull of Kintyre the wind ‘sling shoted’ us up to Arran… We were doing some decent speed!

Arran – Goatfell

One hour to landing! The sailing team woke us up and we got ready. There was not as much urgency by the yacht team because of the problems we had in the Mull of Kintyre. We didn’t know much about it, they didn’t tell us anything. Maybe they did the right thing.

We got to Arran and after a kit check went out to tackle the last course of this race. Climbing Goatfell was our goal! We meandered between some houses along the shoreline and started moving up through some fields, gates and fences. Suddenly we started heading down. Back to sea level running through Brodick along the beach and the golf course. 10 km in, suddenly the road stopped and we started steeply climbing Goatfell on a forestry path snakeing through the trees. It was very warm for 3am at night and we had to start taking layers off to stop overheating. I haven’t had enough water on the boat as the feeling of slushing water in my stomach was making me feel worse. I was feeling thirsty.

We overtook one team heading up. It was a good feeling making progress! But we didin’t know they overtook us on the sail.. Then we got overtaken by a youth team but it wasn’t a big deal. We thought we are not that far behind. When we got out of the trees we crossed a big river and we replenished our water supplies and got properly hydrated and fuelled.

It started to get brighter, sadly the thick cloud was limiting the visibility and sunlight. We kept going strong through the round boulders that are making the Goatfell path to the summit. The rocks were like sand paper, very grippy! Millions of years of weather exposure does the job!

We reached the top in 2h30min. Quick photo at the top, food, water and we started descending. On the way down after 200m we passed 3 teams going up. That got us going. They can’t catch us! We did not want to be overtaken so close to the finish!

We went through Brodick nice and steady. The final last climb was ahead of us! Last 180m vertical, but I finally started feeling it! Stuart was just hanging on now! His feet have given up and he was in a lot of pain. We kept talking about food and what we are going to eat after we finish! Time went by really fast and it kept our minds of the leg pain.

It was an big relief reaching the top and starting our final descent! Getting to the finish was amazing, we felt a massive relief! I left the last tag with the marshals, thanked them a lot for having us!

Here we clocked in the fastest kayak section to our yacht in a kayak! The sailing crew was absolutely shocked of our good time on the kayak and even more on the run. We overtook everyone that got us on the sail and we fixed what we lost during the sailing section. That’s what we were told! That is absolutely amazing! We felt very good about it!

When we were sailing away from Arran we noticed 2 girls behind us kayaking to their yacht. They started shouting at their yacht! The boat was not moving. There was no life on it! The crew was fast asleep under the deck… What a shame! But it is a race! Later on we learned that they had to phone the skipper to wake him up as he wasn’t responding to the shouting and it was almost impossible to wake him up. Sorry but that made me laugh a bit.. It is a race right? Endurance, Sleep deprivation, fuelling, Navigation and trying to keep your nonsense/senses together!

Sailing away I was admiring the Holy Island at the entrance to Arran. The Buddhist monastery and it’s beautiful rock paintings really intrigued me. Sadly I wasn’t lucky enough to spot the paintings because it was too dark when we arrived and we were too far on the way out.

Now time for a straight line to Troon.


That was great! I was super excited as all the hard work was done! One more sea crossing and we are at the finish! I got down to my cabin, changed into dry clothes very fast, but comfortable enough to run as we had a short sprint on the pontoons in Troon to the marina office. I decided to put a blue waterproof boiler suit to stay extra warm and not get soaked kayaking to the finish. I lyed down on my bed and fell asleep within 5min… the sea crossing was calm and the boat movement rocked me to sleep. It was a very deserved nap!

The team woke me up just before arriving in Troon so I could make my final landing preparation. We could see the shoreline of Troon, the concrete buildings and massive harbour walls. The entrance was very narrow and only using a sail to get in required a lot of skill. After 2 sharp turns we got close enough to swap to our kayak and paddle to the pontoons. We tied the kayak at the nearest pontoon and ran straight to the marina office. That final uphill up the ramp felt like climbing Ben Nevis, I think my legs had enough. The LAP race around lake Windermere one week ago, Ben More on Mull, 3 Paps of Jura and Goatfell on Arran. The last 3 under 45 hours. I felt great entering through the door! What a feeling! We finished! Stuart completed his 14th SIPR, I finished my 1st. Totally looking forward to keep going and complete the next one! What an amazing race!

We got gifted our finishers pack with all the details we need and our certificates! We walked back to our yacht which was already getting tied up at the pontoons! Felt like an absolute win! I finished my 1st adventure race! Absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done! I completed the UK Big 3 (Charlie Ramsay Round, Paddy Buckley Round, Bob Graham Round), but this was so far the hardest adventure! 45h of continuous racing! Sleep deprived, struggling to eat on a yacht and extreme long distance running over some lumps on 3 islands! Mega!

We walked back and grabbed our kayak and paddled to the yacht. Everyone were celebrating! We sat on the deck and celebrated with few beers. I don’t remember a beer tasting so bloody good!

Later I went to freshen up. I didn’t shower for more than 2 days. Imagine that! The showers were absolutely amazing, I think I stood in the shower for 40min just looking at the wall enjoying the warm water. It was just sinking in what have just happened..

We finished in 44h 47min 7s

9th overall, 5th in class 2

I’m an adventure racer!

Thanks Team!

Colin, John, Ben, Stuart and Me



Dynafit Feline SL, Ultra 100 (used Ultra 100 and Feline SL 3 islands)

Hoka recovery sliders

Dynafit Alpine GORE-TEX Light Jacket (used on 3 islands with success)(quick drying),

Dynafit Transalper GORE-TEX,

Salewa Ortles PTX 3L mittens, Dynafit gloves – used on Jura and Arran

Dynafit Trucker Promo Cap Blue – Used on 3 islands

Dynafit Ultra 15 Backpack – Used on 3 islands

Lochaber Athletic Club Vest – Used for the finish line

Karrimor full leggings – 2 islands

Unbranded full leggings – 1 island

Dynafit Alpine Long Sleeve hooded shirt

Dynafit DNA tshirt

Ben Nevis tshirt (red, black)

Higher State 500ml soft flasks 2x

Petzel Tikka RXP, spare unbranded headtorch

Blizzard survival bag


Mountain Fuel Sports Nutrition: Sports Jelly+, Sports Jelly + with caffeine, Sports Jelly – orange, cola with caffeine, lime, Ultra Chia – raspberry